Happy Earth Day! Today is a fantastic day to reaffirm our connection to Mother Nature and the planet. Our Earth supports us and all other living beings. We rely on it to survive. That’s why it’s important to take today to express gratitude for our Earth by taking action to nurture it back. In case you forgot to celebrate earth day last year, let Moving Art be you guide this year!
Here are ways you can celebrate Earth Day:
- Skip driving on your own for your commute and walk, bike, or carpool with your coworkers.
- Opt for online receipts to save paper wastage on your purchases.
- Meditate in your garden, a forest, along a water coast, or anywhere surrounded by nature—practice mindfulness, gratitude, and grounding to reconnect with the Earth and establish harmony with it.
- Plant trees or flowers in your garden, or participate in a tree-planting program to clean our air.
- Avoid bottled water and purchase a quality reusable water bottle for your daily water consumption.
- Make your outdoor home space a safe refuge for wildlife. You can do this by including birdbaths, bird feeders, adding a food pen in your backyard, etc.
- Look for any petitions that need signatures to support environmental preservation legislation.
- Move your workout outside. Enjoy a natural setting while exercising by running, biking, skipping, or doing other fitness activities outside. Do yoga on soft grass so you can feel the Earth under your feet while moving.
- Take a hike somewhere you’ve never been before. A hike through the forest or mountains allows you to enter the depths of nature and remove yourself from the noise and chaos of civilization. By immersing yourself in nature during your hiking adventure, you’ll feel an appreciation for the soothing sounds, clean, fresh air, and visual wonders that our Earth has to offer.
- Adopt an animal. This doesn’t mean you need to add a new animal companion to your family. Some organizations, like the World Wildlife Fund, offer donors the option to adopt an animal to protect Earth’s wildlife. However, if you’re looking for a new pet, check out your local shelter to give animals in your area a new home.
- Shop at your local farmer’s market. That way, you’re supporting your local vegetation and fruit growth over corporations that are emitting pollution and using pesticides and chemical preservatives for grocery store sales.
- Donate. Take Earth Day as an opportunity to contribute to organizations that are leading missions in your neighborhood, town, city, state, country, or around the world. By showing your support and helping environmental groups achieve their goals to clean and protect our planet, you’ll help to support the Earth and its ecosystems.
How do you plan to celebrate our wonderful Earth today and every day?